Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Want My Stress Back

What A Non-Existent Stress-Level Will Do For You:


Ask me how my Christmas Break is going....

It's been great.. for the most part.

Christmas was nice and we went to 6 Flags the day after and it was ridiculously fun. I've been getting some reading done; almost done with Watchmen.

I worked out one day last week. Started playing The Sims again.

Letting Spouse do all the driving so I can enjoy not having to drive 90 miles a day.

Oh! And here's what else has happened in the first 2 weeks of Christmas Break, in chronological order:

1. Small abcess on leg which pretty much appeared overnight requiring a little drainage and packing. Required 2 trips to the Fast Track ("urgent care") of the hospital ER. This happened just a few days before Christmas and I was actually having packing changed on Christmas Eve.

2. Severe back pain. Stupid back pain. It was so bad for a couple of days, I couldn't walk very well. Advil can't touch it, Aleve helps me walk better, but it's still there. I've had this happen ONCE before, but only for a day.. not 3 days.

3. Now I'm having an onset of some sort of sneezy sickness. I don't know if it's allergies or if I'm getting some sort of sinus thing. The last 2 days it hurt to sneeze.

WTF is WRONG WITH ME?!?!

I do not understand where all this came from. I speculate (and my Dr boss agrees), that my stress level has gone down so much that it's causing some type of chemical thing in my body to go haywire. She said something about Cortisol levels and stuff.. so that has to be it.

This back pain isn't going away and I don't want to go to the Doctor because I don't want pain meds thrown at me. Plus, I can handle this. If I can limp around and just tolerate the sudden bursts of sharp pain for 2 days straight, I can tough it out for a while.

Maybe I can tolerate it long enough till school starts, and my stress level is up again, and then I will feel like a million (tired) bucks!!

*sneeze*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are right. I know exactly what you mean.

I have been bored out of my mind because I haven't had any stress at all this entire break. I'm not complaining, I just don't know what to do with my time.

I'm probably the only RT student who hasn't cracked a textbook the entire break.