Thursday, May 21, 2009

FFYS: Fend For Yourself.. Extinct??

Summer is gonna be hard.

I know, to anyone else, the word "Summer" means beaches, relaxation, vacation, the lake/river, and all the other general stuff that one would do while not in school.

But, if you're in Respiratory school (yeah, rumor has it Nursing takes (at least part of) the summer off.. hookers) at Underdog Community College, you're in Clinic 3 days a week and in class the other 2 and study for the weekend. YAY!!!!!!

In the past, I LOVED to cook. I loved watching the Food Network, seeing something yummy they made, then promptly went to the kitchen and made it if I had all the ingredients or bought the stuff and made it ASAP.

Since school started, this has not been the case. Oh yeah, some certain RARE weekends where I didn't have to study for 3 tests coming up the following week, I would cook something. It felt nice. Like, reminded me of a past life or something. Don't laugh, it's true to an extent.

So, most nights during the week, Spouse has pretty much been neglected in the dinner department, since he eats breakfast and lunch at the hospital caf where we work. Most times, he comes home to a nice, hot, frozen salisbury steak dinner. The cheap one. Bleh.. And me, something frozen too.. hell I don't even remember what I had been eating for dinner. My memory is full of Anatomical Alterations and Clinical Manifestations of respiratory diseases.

ANYWAY, I want to abolish FFYS. And Spouse doesn't need to eat those sodium-filled (nasty) frozen dinners.

What a joy a crockpot is!! I make a kick-ass tortilla soup in the crock, why not make something quick and easy to just slightly prepare the night before and then throw into the pot before heading off to school in the morning?

So, I'm gonna give it a shot. This blog has some delicious-looking recipes and a lot of them appear to be very easy. Plus, the internet has an absolute load of crock pot recipes.

And, this weekend while the parental units are here (and my Mom and I are getting PEDICURES!! I'm excited..) I'll be cooking in the crockpot.

That's one of my cons of loving to cook, it made the house so hot. I had forgot about that.

I hope everyone has a nice summer. Don't talk to me about how much fun you're having. The Convention better be awesome and my team better kick ass (at least) at Sputum Bowl, that's all I gotta say about my upcoming "Summer Vacation."

Oh, and one final thing....

I READ A WHOLE BOOK.... FICTION!!!!

'Twas awesome.

Peace out.

No comments: